My Crazy LifeFleur De LisAll RecipesFleur De LisRecipe FavesFleur De LisSinful Recipes

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Regaining Consciousness

It's been almost a year since I injured my ankle... as much as I tried to "maintain" or even lose weight, it didn't work. Honestly, it back-fired. I'm back up... in fact I've regained everything I lost. It's a bummer and I hate even thinking about it or talking about it because I feel like a failure.

UGH!!!!

I refuse to let it get to me because I'm so emotional that the minute I think about it and dwell on it I get upset and then I get emotional and then I want a Hershey's bar... self-fulfilling prophesy I guess.

So, I'm putting it out there that I am back on a plan. My plan consists of the following:

- Talking to God consistently - I know this will be vital because I just can't do this on my own. I have tried. It (clearly) doesn't work.
- (re) Joining Weight Watchers - I'm going to do this at work because I think it will be nice to have coworker support and I think it will help the schedule too.
- Exercising - a little bit every day so that I can regain my strength and stamina. My husband and I went on a short walk last night in the neighborhood and it was good. I have an appt with our gym here at work on Friday to talk about a "plan".

I know that every day won't be perfect, and I certainly know I'm not perfect, but it feels good to have some control back. I will continue posting my journey and hope that you'll follow along.

2 comments:

Sarah Pearse said...

Chica- we've all been there but you've had it bad over the past year. Take it day by day- I know you can do it and get back to where you want to be. Be kind to yourself in the meantime, and blogging/telling people about it is a great way to be held accountable.

I am back losing again, too. I've kept off the first 25 lbs for almost a year and a half and I'm attacking the next 25. I've gone vegetarian and make sure I'm moving every day.

Looking forward to watching the journey and getting some new recipes- you always have great ones!

Take care- Sarah

Anonymous said...

Keep on keeping on. You'll get there.