My Crazy LifeFleur De LisAll RecipesFleur De LisRecipe FavesFleur De LisSinful Recipes

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Ankle Saga Part 2... or is it part 3?

Well, I'm having surgery... it's about part for the course, right??!!! You will have to forgive my while the blog take a back burner...

Here's how the process will go:
- Surgery (outpatient) on 3/16 in the wee hours of the morning... and I mean wee hours... it's early folks, but that is ok
- Working from home till 3/30 - since I'll be in either a cast or splint and on pain meds that won't allow me to drive, I'll have to work from home.
- On crutches till April 27... oh how I hope I heal faster than that...

What they will be doing:
Basically repairing my ligaments and tendons so that they'll actually do their job correctly and hold my ankle bones in place because right now my ankle is too unstable! They are very hopeful that this will fix everything!

I sure hope so...

In the meantime, I likely won't be doing much cooking, and if I do it will be in the form of a large casserole that will be eaten on for days at a time... and I'm not sure how taking pictures while on crutches will work.

I'll try to update the blog occasionally if there is something meaningful to say... or if I just get an itch to update it while on pain pills to amuse you all, I might do that too...

Then the plan is to get off the crutches and into/out of physical therapy as quickly as they'll allow it... and then to get back to doing things I love like walking the neighborhood with hubby, dog, and friends... and Zumba!

Psalm 6:2 says "Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony." I pray that the Lord will be merciful to me and will heal my bones because they are in agony!!! I know that through Him my healing will be made perfect :-)

No comments: